The Port of Morehead City offers many services and conveniences for our customers. Please see below for information on our facilities, logistics options, storage and warehousing and available equipment.
The Port is a C-TPAT certified location with two sites designated Foreign Trade Zone 67. Site One is 190,000 sq. ft. of warehouse space and Site Two is 40-acres of open storage.
- 4 miles from the open sea, just south of the Outer Banks
- Channel is 45 ft., M.L.L.W.
- Nine berths with 5,500 ft. of wharf frontage
- Berths with contiguous open apron areas from 35 ft. to unlimited width
- Two berths served by modern shiploader with maximum loadout rate of 3,000 tons per hour of dry bulk cargo
- Open storage dry bulk facilities which can transfer up to 800 tons per hour
- Covered dry bulk facilities with export conveyor systems capable of handling up to 1,000 tons per hour
- Well-lighted terminal and 24-hour security provided by North Carolina State Port Police
- C-TPAT Certification # 47705791
- Concrete pile wharf and deck construction with berth fronted by rubber fender system
- Berth deck heights average 10 ft. above M.L.L.W.
- 150 additional acres available for development
- Within 700 miles of more than 70 percent of the industrial base of the United States
- Rail service provided by Norfolk Southern Railway
- Terminal switching railroad operated by Morehead & South Fork Railroad
- Certified railroad scale
- Substantial rail car storage available
- One secured port gate entry designed to expedite arrival and departure of motor carriers
- Two certified truck scales with weighmasters available 24 hours per day
- Vehicular access via U.S. 70
- Efficient handling of project, dimensional, and heavy lift cargoes between vessels and inland transportation modes
Staging & Warehousing
- More than one million sq. ft. of prime covered and sprinklered storage including 30 acres of paved and 9 acres of semi-improved open storage area
- Rail access to berths, transit sheds, warehouses and open storage
- Direct transfer of heavy lift and dimensional loads between vessel and rail or truck
- One multi-purpose bridge crane for bulk, breakbulk and container, with 115 ft. outreach and 63 ft. backreach at 40 tons, equipped for grapple or bucket lifts
- Two 115-ton-capacity gantry cranes
- One 125-ton mobile crane
- 39 lift trucks with up to 70,000 lb. capacities and special attachments to accommodate a variety of cargoes requiring special attention